STUDENT ADMISSION POLICY
PURPOSE OF ADMISSION POLICY
1. To promote the distinctively Christian character of the school.
2. To ensure a high level of parental involvement and support for the activities of the school and the society.
3. To ensure that each student is placed in the most appropriate learning environment.
Enrollment in the school is open to children of Christian parents and/or guardians who are members of the Society, subject to conditions specified herein.
Enrollment of the children of non-member parents and/or guardians shall be subject to the approval of the Board of Directors of the Society in accordance with the accepted conditions and procedures hereafter set forth.
No child shall be denied enrollment on the grounds of ethnicity, sex, colour or national origin.
1. Every student accepted for enrollment shall be on probationary basis for the first full marking period after enrollment.
2. All student applicants are to be interviewed at least once by the principal who shall endeavour to ensure that a positive attitude toward the school is evident in the student and his/her parents and/or guardians before acceptance of the student.
3. The student's achievement level may be evaluated so that proper grade placement may be ensured. Students will not be enrolled whose educational needs the school is not equipped to meet. The applicant’s most recent report card must accompany the application whenever possible.
4. The parent or guardian will provide immunization records for the child. If the parent chooses not to have their child immunized they must obtain an affidavit from the Health Unit stating that decision. (Approved Feb 12, 08)